Canada is a North American country stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north. Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa.
Education system in Canada
The higher education system in Canada is almost like the American education system, with a little influence from Britain.
There are mainly three types of institutions:
Public Universities: Public universities in Canada are run by the provincial, territorial or federal government funding besides receiving the tuition fees from students.
Private Universities: Private universities in Canada are mostly funded by donations and research grants. These universities do not receive funding from the government bodies.
Liberal Arts Colleges: Liberal arts colleges in Canada are pretty similar to that in the USA. These are either public or private colleges, with a primary emphasis on undergraduate courses in liberal arts.
Why study in Canada?
Montreal and Toronto are two large cities in canada that offers just about everything that students could possibly ask for.
Toronto, an ethnically diverse city is also a major centre of higher learning and research with many well-known institutions such as the University of Toronto.
The City of Saints, Montréal, is one that defies all expectation with its lush mix of North American & European swagger and cutting-edge culture.
The United Nations consistently ranks Canada as one of the best places in the world to live, given its low crime rate.
It is a multicultural country which welcomes international students.
There are three academic intakes – Fall, Winter and Summer. Fall lasts from September to December, winter lasts from January to April and summer lasts from May to August.
International students are advised to apply at the earliest, as scholarships and admissions get more and more competitive closer to the deadline.
Students can choose from a number of study programmes –
- Certificate or diploma (One or two years)
- Advanced diploma (Two or three years)
- Undergraduate (three or four years)
- Postgraduate (two years)
- PhD (four or five years with dissertation)
Some popular courses at the undergraduate level are engineering and administrative studies and at the postgraduate level are management, finance, MBA/MIM, MS and LLB degrees.
Cost of Living
Approximately CAD 10000 – 120000 for 1st year.
Work rights & Stay back post study
- Part time work right: Off campus 20 hours per week – 40 hours per week during vacation
- 40 Hours per week during vacation. No limit for on campus work
- upto 3 years stay back for ( 2 years study ) or equal to the course duration if it is less than 2 years
- Study Outlook Overseas Education
- Head Office : 2nd Floor, Kalarickal Bldg, Karingachira, Opp. Passport Office, Kochi- 682 309.
- Ph: 0484 4858277 Mob : 9446005177, 8281337000
- Branch : 2nd Floor, Sankaramangalam Bldg, Cross Junction, Market Road, Thiruvalla.
- Mob : 9020113422, 8893889302
- Web : studyoutlook.com, http://studyoutlook.com, https://bijustudyoutlook.wixsite.com/studyabroad, https://wordpress.com/stats/day/studyoutlooksite.wordpress.com, https://wordpress.com/media/studyabroadconsultancytvla.wordpress.com, https://wordpress.com/view/studyoutlookblog.wordpress.com, https://in.pinterest.com/studyoutlook/, https://www.instagram.com/studyoutlookeducation/, https://plus.google.com/105850727708442280780, https://twitter.com/StudyOutlook, https://www.tumblr.com/blog/studyoutlook, https://www.facebook.com/Study-Outlook-Overseas-Education-682858115149534/, https://wordpress.com/stats/day/studyoutlook.wordpress.com, https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1392068158253967808#allposts, http://www.blogster.com/studyoutlook, https://plus.google.com, https://twitter.com/StudyOutlook1,https://www.facebook.com/bijustudyoutlook, https://www.linkedin.com/feed/, https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard, https://www.instagram.com/studyoutlookthiruvalla/